Computer support and training in your own home or place of work has several advantages
- You don’t have to travel: the help comes to you. This saves you time and money. If you have small children at home, or limited mobility, it may be the only practicable way of getting support.
- You don’t have to dismantle your computer (remembering how all the cables are connected), and then re-assemble everything again later.
- You don’t have to drag your computer around or drop it off (and then collect it). This is more convenient, and is also physically safer for your computer (and maybe your back as well!)
- Your computer – and its private contents – need not leave your sight. Even if the support you require does not actually need you to be present, you are welcome to watch the entire process and ask whatever questions you like. Some of my clients like to just leave me to it, others like to take the opportunity to learn more about their systems and how they work. When the work takes place in your own environment you can choose just how much involvement you have with the process.
- Training is more efficient if it takes place at YOUR computer, with your settings, your programs. You don’t waste any of the training time learning how a different system works or being distracted by things that are not relevant to you and your own training needs. Everything is relevant to your own situation.
Although I take on all the time and expense of travelling to you, I do not charge for this. Instead, I just have a “minimum visit charge”, linked to my travelling time, that ensures that I am spreading my costs over an acceptable amount of charged time. If you let me know your postcode I will be happy to quote the minimum visit charge for your address. This is likely to be between one and two hours of work – ie £75-150. See my Fees page for more details.
If you would like to know the Minimum Visit Charge for your address, please complete the form below. I don’t need your full address for this – just the FULL postcode:-