Silver Surfer PC Training & Support – at special rates
Are you a Silver Surfer (55+)?
Maybe you think you came late to computers and are feeling a bit left behind?
Are you looking for one-to-one computer training or other home computer support in London (such as virus removal)?
Are you holding back because you think a “whizz kid” might confuse you by going too fast or by using too much jargon?
Just because you don’t know a dongle from a router doesn’t mean that you are lacking anything at all other than that specific piece of information. All it really means is that you’ve probably been spending your life attending to more meaningful things. Silver surfers often seem to think they “should” know all about computers, even though they have never needed to learn about them in the past. Well, just because you haven’t become as proficient as you would like in the past, that doesn’t mean that you can’t start now.
Why should I be the one to help you?
I have been working with PCs in a professional capacity since 1984 so I have 33 years pro PC experience. For most of that time I have been providing computer support in London. Technically, I myself am a London Silver Surfer.
Most of my “home computer clients” range in age from their 40’s to 70’s (but I do also have at least two clients in their 80’s).
I can offer you one-to-one computer training and support specific to your own questions and needs. One of my introductory comments to all new clients is “Don’t be afraid to ask anything you like. There are no daft questions. None of us are born with computer skills and experience. It’s something we have to learn”. If you pay me to help you then it’s YOUR questions and needs and problems that are important. It’s not my job to fill you up with all the geeky junk I’ve picked up over the years. It’s my job to help you to feel more confident and comfortable with your computer system by addressing your own questions, problems, and needs.
I like working with – shall we say – more mature people. Silver Surfers in London make great clients. They are always more polite, friendlier, and less pushy than thrusting, hurrying youngsters in their 20’s and 30’s. Also, of course, I have much more in common with people nearer my own age. All of this tends to make my job easier and more satisfying. For that reason, I am happy to offer Silver Surfers a £5 discount on my normal hourly rate (see Fees for full details – some discount rates may be less than £5 per hour below normal). You don’t have to produce your bus pass to qualify for this rate (!), but there are three conditions:
- You have to be happy that you are implicitly telling me that you are at least 55 years old
- You must not be using your computer system in connection with full-time employment
- You must ask for this special rate. I won’t offer it unless you ask.
OK, so what can I help you with?
- Onsite PC support for a major problem.
- Onsite PC support for a range of issues – even just a pile of niggling ones.
- Help with various aspects of your system so that you feel more comfortable and confident that it is working well, will continue to work well, and is as safe as practicably possible from online threats.
- One-to-one training in specific aspects of your system.
- Regular or occasional IT support for things that may crop up in the future.
- Advice regarding computer upgrades, add-ons, and so forth.
Assuming that you are:
- Within 80 minutes travelling time of Clapham (London SW4) and
- Not using a server-based network
Submit the form below now and I will get back to you as soon as possible. Before you do that, though, you might like to answer some other questions by having a look around my website – for instance:
- Who am I?
- What sort of clients do I have?
- What sort of things can I help with?
- How much do I charge?
Mon-Fri 09:00-18:30 – telephone me on 020 7627 8620 or 07961 387564 for a free chat to discuss how I can help you. Please leave a message if I am not available: I will return your call as soon as possible.
Let’s see if I can help….